Your Vehicle ROPs ChecklistAmber Dixon | July 15, 2015 | 20 | Automotive
Vehicle roll-over accidents do occur, even to the most experienced drivers, for a variety of reasons such as speeding, negotiating tricky bends, lack of driving experience, poor road conditions, and overloading. This is the reason why a vehicle roll-over protection is needed to enhance the chances of surviving in such accidents. Without a roll-over protection installed in your vehicle, the strength to weight ratio of the installed material above would not be enough to hold the roof as it would cave in, crushing vehicle occupants in accidents. With that, XL is a renowned premier manufacturer of vehicle ROPs in Australia.
The company makes roll over protection system (ROPs) to help maximize vehicle occupant survival without interfering with the vehicle’s centre of gravity or the occupant space. The vehicle ROPs also adhere to the Australian National Code of Practice. XL designs the ROPs with safety uppermost in their minds, complying with the road restraint requirements and offering integral strength and support during accidents. Apart from coping up with rough road conditions, ROPs can withstand temperature extremes, heat or cold, found on Australian mines as well. Therefore, the XL ROPs are certified in performing effectively under different mine conditions.
There are several factors to be considered upon choosing vehicle ROPs for use within the mine environment. Its primary consideration should be safety. Also, the ROPs should offer adequate storage, along with full accessibility in busy mine conditions. Therefore, it is important to take some time in going through a comprehensive checklist to determine what is right for your needs:
- Ensure that the ROPs or the custom Ute body you are purchasing meets all the Australian legislative requirements on ROPs or service bodies.
- Ensure that it is designed to protect all vehicle occupants.
- It should have a load-rated mesh barrier, capable of protecting the vehicle occupants from flying objects.
- The ROPs should allow occupants to sit upright in the vehicle without bending or leaning sideways to feel comfortable.
- It should be firmly fixed and not rattled easily on rough terrains. It should be designed professionally without any exposed parts or sharp edges that can injure someone.
- The design should not restrict your accessibility into and out of the vehicle.
- The ROPs must not impede accessibility to your seat belts.
- There are also other features that you must put into consideration when choosing ROPs such as the over the shoulder visibility and the rear mirror visibility. A low height for parking is a desirable quality as well.
- Look out for proper interior lighting which helps you see items inside the vehicles, even in dark areas, such as the supplies and the tools.
- Internal shelving systems or adjustable designs are also of particular importance in meeting your storage needs.
- Another important factor to be considered is the corrosion resistance of ROPs. This is especially important for different mine conditions that exposes the vehicle structure to all kinds of corrosive elements.
For more on utility canopies Adelaide service bodies, check out their official website at http://www.xl.com.au.